The Appleton Institute, lead by Professor Sally Ferguson (Director) and Associate Professor Matthew Thomas (Deputy Director), is one of two flagship research institutes at CQUniversity hosted by the School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences. The Appleton Institute is a multidisciplinary research institute with a focus on health and well-being at work, rest and play.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Our researchers are our greatest resource, however the Institute also hosts a state-of-the-art sleep research laboratory (Adelaide), an interactive rail simulator (Adelaide), and a driving simulator (Melbourne).
We work closely with government, NGOs, industries and communities, partnering on applied projects in the field.
The Appleton Institute teams have expertise in:
- Human Factors
- Sleep and Circadian Biology
- Operational Readiness
- Health Behaviours: Physical Activity, Sedentary Behaviour, Sleep and Diet
- e- & m- Health Interventions
- Clinical, Cognitive, Social, Comparative and Positive Psychology
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Shift Work and Fatigue Risk Management
- Resilience, Wellbeing and Mental Health
- Disaster Management
- Health Economics
- Equity at Work
- Systems Thinking
- Paediatric Sleep
- Wearable Technologies
- Sleep and Sports Performance
CQUniversity Adelaide - The Appleton Institute
44 Greenhill Road, Wayville SA 5034
Phone enquiries: +61 8 8378 4523
Professor Sally Ferguson
Director, Appleton Institute
Phone: +61 (08) 8378 4508
Business Development Manager
Phone: +61 (08) 8378 4517